The Buttercups Foundation Pharmacist Programme has now been launched for 2021/22 which is a comprehensive course taking a blended learning approach to prepare graduates for the registration assessment and life as a competent and confident registered pharmacist.
Please note: this programme has evolved to reflect the transition from pre-registration to foundation pharmacist training which begins in 2021. Our 2021/22 programme is our most comprehensive ever and now includes a greater focus on the development of clinical skills to support the development of new and emerging pharmacy services.
- 10 study days
- Face to face learning and virtual classroom study days
- Full Mock Examination and Review mapped to the current GPhC registration assessment framework
- Clinical Skills Training and Certification
- First Aid Training and Certification
- b-Hive course website provided for each programme
- Comprehensive online training courses
- Interactive virtual classroom tutorials
- A dedicated Buttercups pharmacist course tutor for every programme
- Live online tracking for tutors
- An e-Portfolio for collating records of evidence
- PRESTO! our interactive exam support tool
Trainees will also have access to the Buttercups MCA Course and the Level 2 Course in Understanding Health Improvement.
The study days cover:
- Minor Ailments and Responding to Symptoms workshops
- Pharmacy Law and Ethics
- Communication Skills and Patient Counselling
- High Risk Medicines workshop
- Medicines Optimisation (practical skills for NMS)
- Clinical Skills Programme (practical skills and certification)
- Safeguarding & Clinical Governance
- Skin and Wound Care
- Pharmacy Management
- First Aid Training
- Mock Registration Assessment and Review
- Revision Webinars and Planning
Download the brochure for specific face-to-face days which is subject to change dependant on Covid-19 pandemic situation & Government advice.
An exciting new additions to 2021/22 programme...
Last year, Buttercups successfully launched PRESTO (Pre-Reg Exam Support Tool Online), which helps guide trainees to encourage them to work methodically through the GPhC registration assessment framework.
This year, two new programmes will be launched; Clinical Skills Programme and the GP Pharmacist Programme. Please see the brochure for further details and below for pricing.
The course is designed with a blended learning approach which encompasses study days, virtual classrooms and e-learning. Blended learning allows for the trainees to optimise learning on the pharmacy premises and to have regular contact with their Buttercups tutor.
Buttercups are offering two programmes depending on trainee requirements:
Complete Programme (includes Clinical Skills Programme and Vaccination Training). List price = £1195 exc VAT, Numark members will benefit from a discounted price = £1045 exc VAT per trainee
OR Complete Plus GP Practice Programme (GPPP) which includes everything in the complete programme + GP add-on. List price = £1295 exc VAT, Numark members will benefit from a discounted price = £1145 exc VAT per trainee
Designated Supervisor Training
Supervisors are invited to participate in our complimentary online training webinars which will help to support both new and more experienced mentors. Supervisors can choose to participate live and/or review the recording after the sessions.