Save time with our care homes resources.
Business support pack
- How to make the initial approach to a care home.
- How to set up and establish an effective service.
- Expanding the service through extra support - including staff training or pharmacist visits.
Introductory letter to care home
Sample letter to edit to send to care homes in your area to offer services.
Document the initial discussions with the care home when establishing a pharmaceutical service.
Service Level Agreement (SLA)
Completion of this agreement formalises the terms and conditions of the pharmaceutical service.
Allows the pharmacy and care home to establish and understand their individual roles within the supply of medicines process.
Equipment loan agreement
Formalises ownership of any equipment provided by the pharmacy to the care home.
Ensures that, if the care home changes pharmacy supplier, the equipment remains your property.
Quick service guide checklist
Monthly summary of procedures for the pharmacy and care home to ensure safe and effective supply of medicines.
Starting up your Monitored Dosage System
Actions required by both the care home and pharmacy during the four weeks before starting a new service.
Care home SOP
Ensure best practice processes are followed and medicines are supplied to care homes in a safe and efficient manner.
Medicines handling policy
Helps care home meet regulations requiring policies for all areas of the medicines handling processes.
Allows you to provide documentation to your homes to produce their own individual policies.
Contact details form
Helps the care home and pharmacy teams to find the appropriate person to contact when they have a query.
Includes spaces for pictures of team members to make the service more personal.
Post dispensing checklist
Check before sending medicines to care homes:
- Each step in dispensing process followed.
- All medicines and documentation included.
Used by pharmacist, ACT, or other authorised team member.
Use for 'medicines audit' or 'pharmacist advice visit' to care homes.
- Comprehensive list of questions to ask.
- Activities to observe during visit.
- Record form to document advice given to care home.
Records of administration
- Food Supplements and Additives
- PRN MAR chart
- Residents updated details form
- Topical Medicines Application Record
- Warfarin MAR chart