Changes to SSPs
Numark Information Services would like to highlight a number of changes that have been made to different Serious Shortage Protocols over the last few days:
- SSP036 Estraderm MX® 100mcg patches
This has been reactivated and is currently set to expire on 13th January 2023. It allows the supply of Evorel® 100mcg patches instead of Estraderm MX® 100mcg patches.
- SSP039 Lipitor® 20mg chewable tablets
This has been extended to 3rd February 2023. It was previously set to expire on 23rd December 2022.
- SSP043-047 Phenoxymethylpenicillin products
These were amended on 23rd December 2022 to include oral Azithromycin as an alternative antibiotic.
These azithromycin products have been added as the fourth preference when Phenoxymethylpenicillin products are not available
- Azithromycin 200mg/5ml oral suspension
- Azithromycin 250mg tablets
- Azithromycin 500mg tablets
- Azithromycin 250mg capsules
Pharmacy teams are advised to consult the current versions of the SSP documents for dosage instructions as the length of the treatment course for azithromycin is shorter than for phenoxymethylpenicllin. They can be found here: