New Section in the Drug Tariff - Part VIIIC
There is a new section in the English Drug Tariff from 1st September 2021
‘Part VIIIC ARRANGEMENTS OF PAYMENT FOR PRODUCTS WITH A NOMINAL PRICE (ENGLAND)’
This section will list products that are available at a nominal price due to commercial deals that are in place between the manufacturer or supplier and the NHS England and NHS Improvement (NHSE&I). This means that the drug is supplied to the NHS at reduced cost compared to the published NHS list price in the Dictionary of Medicines and Devices (dm+d). The Secretary of State will NOT have been privy to the detail of the commercial arrangement.
There is only one drug listed in this part at the moment which is Inclisiran (Leqvio®) 284mg/1.5ml solution for injection pre-filled syringes with a Drug Tariff part VIIIC reimbursement price of £55.00, which has the NHS Indicative price, in the dm+d, of £1987.36
Contractors who are unable to source the products listed at or below the basic price listed in this part, or who are subjected to additional charges when purchasing these products, may request a review of the basic price and repayment of any additional costs incurred, however the review requires the following steps to be taken:
- If there are any issues with the supply, ordering and pricing of the product, contractors must first contact the suppliers of the product for notification and resolution.
- Should no resolution be identified by the suppliers within 5 working days of receipt, then contractors should escalate the issue to the Pharmaceutical Services Negotiating Committee (PSNC).
- To support the handling of the review, contractors are required to submit evidence of any difficulties experienced including issues with pricing or supply.
- Any claims and supporting evidence will then be referred by the PSNC to the Department of Health and Social Care.
- Following a successful review, where pricing issues are identified, any adjustments will be applied by the Pricing Authority to the contractors account at the earliest possible payment date