Offering a flu vaccination service through pharmacy is so important, possibly more so for this season as the COVID-19 crisis has highlighted the impact that a viral infection can have on the population if it’s not controlled effectively.
Community pharmacy has a really important role in supporting this aim and helping as many people as possible to have easy and convenient access to a flu vaccination service.
To support the pharmacy team, we have developed some training modules available on the Numark Training Library as follows:
- Flu Refresher 2020 Pharmacy Excellence module – a 45 minute module developed for pharmacists to refresh their knowledge around the flu vaccination season. Numark strongly recommends refresher training for the years in between your practical face to face training.
View Pharmacy Excellence module.
- Flu Champions 2020 Counter Excellence module – a 15 minute module designed for the pharmacy team to give an all rounded understanding of flu and becoming a flu champion to support the service in your pharmacy if this is offered.
Take a look at Counter Excellence module.
- Flu Champion 2020 webinar – given the current situation, remote learning is another option available to our members to learn about the flu vaccination service.
Watch our ‘on demand’ webinar to learn more.
- Considering building a health promotion in your pharmacy to inform your customers?
Download our flu health promotion briefing sheets filled with ideas and resources to get you started.
Due to the outbreak and the need to practice social distancing, Public Health England (PHE) has confirmed that anyone who has completed face to face vaccination training before and is due to undertake their year 3 face-to-face training this year*, can complete online update training instead, delaying the face-to-face requirement until next year.
To clarify if you are:
- ‘new to flu’ or
- It has been more than 3 years since you last completed face to face training
You will need to attend a face to face training session. We have partnered with ECG to provide courses around the UK – please note spaces are limited. Workshops will be invoiced at £99 ex VAT.
Further advice & guidance
*Please note, we are still awaiting guidance from Community Pharmacy Scotland (CPS), Community Pharmacy Northern Ireland (CPNI) & Community Pharmacy Wales (CPW) regarding the requirements for face to face training for an NHS service offering.