Numark Professional Indemnity Insurance is available exclusively to members for £569 per annum, plus Insurance Premium Tax at 12%.
Professional Indemnity insurance (PI) is an essential part of working as a pharmacist as it protects you and your business against financially damaging claims.
You have support from Numark if you ever need to access your cover.
In order to provide you with sufficient information to make an informed decision please see summary of cover below.
If your insurance expires within the next 3-4 weeks call 0800 783 5709 (option 4).
It is designed to provide you with an overview of the insurance provided without going into all the details which can be found in the actual policy wording. As such, it acts as an introduction to the policy and it is not a substitution for reading the policy wording which will provide full terms and conditions.
Malpractice and public liability cover
Malpractice cover: is a policy designed to pay compensation to third parties who have suffered a loss arising from an unintentional negligent breach of by the policyholder of their professional duty of care. Based on experience, this would typically be (but is not limited to) dispensing errors.
Public liability cover: is a policy designed to pay compensation in the event of physical loss or damage to a third party due to an unintentional negligent act by the policyholder. Where this differs from the above, is that this is not limited professional advice or services based cover, but reflects the general duty of care expected when operating a business. Typical claims would be for ‘slips and trips' by members of the public whilst in your pharmacy where it is shown that the policyholder has acted negligently.
Key benefits of the policy
Your policy has been designed with the specific needs of the community pharmacist in mind. Cover includes:
- A sum insured of up to £10 million in total for any one single or multiple number of claims during a policy year.
- A reinstatement of a further £10 million should the first limit become exhausted.
- Legal expenses for investigating and contesting any claim included in the above.
- Good samaritan acts covered.
- Breach of confidence with libel and slander extensions.
- Loss of professional documents.
As part of your PI insurance offering, you have FREE access to employment law and health and safety advice.
Significant or unusual exclusions or limitations
- Any claims or circumstances which could give rise to a claim which you knew about or could reasonably have known about before the policy started are not covered.
- This policy will only cover work that you have told us that you do and we have agreed to insure.
- Any claim relating to employer's liability is not covered.
- Claims relating to fraud or dishonesty are not covered.
- You should read and check all insurance documents to ensure you are aware of all cover conditions and limitations.
- Make us aware of any material changes to your situation which could affect your right to the cover.
- In the event of a claim or potential claim please notify us promptly taking care to avoid any admissions of liability.
What do I do next?
1. If after reading the summary of cover and the common questions you wish to proceed in your application for Numark PI simply download the application form.
2. If after reading the summary of cover and the common questions, you have some further questions please call 0800 783 5709 (option 3).
3. If your PI renewal date is more than 4 weeks away you can register your renewal date now and someone will contact you closer to the time.
Numark is an appointed representative of Bennett Gould & Partners Ltd (BGP), authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under number 306850. BGP is a registered Lloyd’s broker and is a member of the British Insurance Brokers Association & The Institute of Insurance Brokers.
Direct Invoice from the supplier
You will be invoiced direct by the supplier.