Q. The prescriber has made a handwritten amendment to an ETP dispensing token, can this prescription be submitted for payment?
A. Electronic messages cannot be amended by the prescriber. The prescription needs to be cancelled and a new one issued. Amendments to dispensing tokens will not be processed. Where a barcoded paper FP10 is amended by the prescriber this can be submitted in place of the electronic message.
Take a look at the examples below to help clarify any issues you may have.
EPS 2 Electronic Prescription
- The Electronic Message is the LEGAL entity.
- Amendments to the Paper Token will NOT be processed.
- The prescriber must be contacted to cancel the electronic message and re-issue the correct item.
Standard Paper FP10
- Paper copy is the LEGAL entity.
- Handwritten amendments are allowed by the doctor.
- Once amended this prescription form needs to be placed within the red separator.
- The paper form and matching electronic message are both the LEGAL entities.
- Handwritten amendments to the paper copy by the prescriber are allowed.
- The electronic message should not be finalised as it cannot be amended.
- The paper form once amended should be submitted in the red separator.