New regulations came into effect on 1 April 2010 for dispensing appliances, listed under Part IX of the Drug Tariff, in England and Wales.
Essential and Advanced Services have been introduced - if you dispense appliances you must comply with the Essential Service requirements.
Pharmacists must provide the following Essential Services when dispensing appliances:
- Emergency supply
- Repeat dispensing
- Record keeping
- Home Delivery of Stoma and Incontinence Appliances
- Provision of wipes and disposal bags
- Provision of appropriate advice and access to expert clinical advice
- Referral and signposting
- Clinical governance requirements
Advanced Services are optional and pharmacists can choose to provide:
- Appliance use reviews (AURs) (Fee: £27 if conducted within the pharmacy, £54 if conducted in the patient's home).
- Stoma appliance customisation (Fee: £4.32 per qualifying item).
- The maximum number of AURs that can be claimed for is 1 per 35 specified appliances dispensed each year.
|NWOS (with Numark)||£ 2.40|
|WARDLES (with Numark)||£ 2.40|